Frequently Asked Questions
- My Pet is always healthy – why should I buy pet insurance? [ click here ]
- Even though your pet is healthy today, he may not be tomorrow. We have many calls each year from pet owners who want to purchase pet insurance after the animal has become sick or hurt, unfortunately by that time it is too late. Premiums are low and the benefits are high – preparation today may allow you to avoid heartache tomorrow.
- I love my dog but my friend told me that it may get hip dysplasia what should I do? [ click here ]
- It is true that some breeds are more prone to hip dysplasia or other hereditary defects, PetCare offers the MasterCare insurance programs that would cover your dog in the event that hip dysplasia was diagnosed and needed treatment. You may enrol your pet from the age of 8 weeks and if you are concerned you should enrol sooner rather than later – if a problem is diagnosed or symptomatic prior to enrollment or during the 21 day waiting period for illness coverage it will be deemed a pre-existing condition and will not be covered.
- I spent thousands of dollars on my last pet’s cancer treatment I want to make sure that my new puppy is covered to the max – what product should I buy? [ click here ]
- The MasterCare family of products will provide your new puppy with $3,000, $5,000 or $7,000 of coverage specifically for cancer.
- How much money will I actually get back when I make a claim? [ click here ]
- The amount of money that you will get back is determined by three things:
- a) the amount of coverage that you have purchased for that specific accident or illness,
- b) the deductible on the program that you have chosen and
- c) the percentage coverage offered by your program choice.
- I want to buy pet insurance but I'm worried that I might not be able to afford it. [ click here ]
- Don't be concerned, PetCare offers you choice and flexibility. Please call us at 1-877-897-7387 and ask to speak to one of our sales representatives who will make sure that you make the decision that's right for you.
- What happens if I find I don't have enough coverage? [ click here ]
- You can upgrade your policy at any time by calling one of our customer care representatives at 1-877-897-7387
- Is there any restriction on which veterinarian that I can take my pet to? [ click here ]
- No. You may go to any licensed veterinarian in North America, traditional veterinarians, alternative therapists or specialists as long as the veterinarian is licensed.
- Do your Programs cover the diagnosis as well as the treatment of accidents and illnesses? [ click here ]
- Yes our programs cover the diagnosis, testing and treatment of the covered accidents and illnesses, including veterinary visits, laboratory tests, X-rays, MRIs, CAT scans, hospitalization, prescription food and prescription medications.
- What kind of Discounts do you Offer? [ click here ]
- There are a variety of discounts available on the PetCare Pet Insurance Programs including, multi-pet discounts, microchipping discounts, group benefit discounts and more. When you enrol your pet please make sure that you fill in all the required fields to ensure that you get the appropriate discount.
- Do I need EmergencyCare Insurance for my Pet? [ click here ]
- Yes, we would advise it - EmergencyCare Insurance is a unique program that provides $3,000 coverage for life-saving treatment for your pet if it gets hurt or ill when it is lost. $19.44 per year is all it costs to give emergency personnel the ability to save your lost pet’s life.
- I live in Rental Accommodation and my landlord does not like pets – is there a program for me? [ click here ]
- Yes – TenantCare will provide you with selected accident and illness coverage for your pet PLUS up to $700 third party liability coverage to set your landlord’s mind at ease!
- After signing up my pet, can I still see my regular veterinarian? [ click here ]
- Yes. You can use the licensed veterinarian of your choice.
- What are my payment options? [ click here ]
- For monthly premiums, we accept Visa, MasterCard or Automatic Deductions from a Checking Account. For annual premiums, we also accept Visa and MasterCard, as well as a check or money order.
- What if I want to enrol more than one pet? [ click here ]
- Each pet receives its own policy. You can use our online enrolment system to enrol all your pets in one convenient process without having to fill out multiple application forms. If you enrol three or more pets you are eligible for a 10% discount per policy. Maximum discount 10% per pet per policy. If you are insuring two or more pets, and one of the pets enrolled is a cat, you will receive a 5% discount on each premium. If your pet is registered as a 'Medical Service' pet, you will receive a 10% discount on each premium.
- How do I make a claim? [ click here ]
- Mail or fax in a completed one page claim form completed by yourself & your attending veterinarian along with the detailed receipts. Fill out a claim form.
| I just want to thank you for your fast friendly service. Honestly, I was not sure how this whole pet insurance thing was going to work out but I am sure glad that I got it. Recently my puppy had severe digestive bloat from getting into some food. I rushed to the emergency vet and racked up a nice bill of $234.30. Thank goodness that my little "Rosa" was okay. I sent my claim to you and you sent me the cheque in full within a week. I am so glad that I have insurance for both my dogs. Thanks PetCare I really appreciate it. I tell all my friends that you are the best pet insurance on the market... I have proof!
Client: Kayte Giorgini Pet: Rosa, Labrador Retriever Condition: Digestive bloat
Claim Submitted: $234.30 Claim Paid: $234.30